Delta - The Second Story


I'm one of Aussie hip-hop's biggest haters. Weapon X & Ken Hell. Bliss N Eso. Frontline. Jackson Jackson. The Herd. Hilltop Hoods. Hate 'em all. And this isn't regular, garden-variety dislike. I'm talking some serious hatred. So I heard about Delta when his first album, The Lostralian, came out a couple of years back. And I ignored it. He realised his second LP, the one I'm posting here, about a month ago. I hadn't heard Aussie hip-hop in so long, I thought I'd give cynicism a rest and try the album out, see what it's about. God-damn. This album is fire. The beats rock; Shades of Green and The Lines are standouts in terms of production. And the MCing itself is just so consistent. Delta's flow doesn't drop off for any of the 12 tracks on the album, and the guest spots are tight as hell, not compromising the album or making it a list of 'Delta featuring X'-type songs. Check this shit out. Now.

8.1

0 comments:

Post a Comment